Thursday, August 2, 2012

LHS Supply List for Ms. Lay's classes


Supply List
With this being the tax-free weekend I wanted to make sure to give you the supply list for my classes. Your student will no-doubt come home from their electives on the first day with additional supplies that may be needed for those courses so these are just the things that they will need for their afternoon of academic’s with me J . I have very limited space in this classroom so I will be using bins for each child’s supplies (no desks, only tables) and they will be utilizing their locker space A LOT! Please bring all the supplies to your Pre-staffing meeting the day before school in bags tied up with “Ms. Lay supplies” labeled all over the bags or send on the first day in bags labeled the same way.  

a)      5 durable pocket folders (1-red; 1-green; 1-blue; 2- your choice design,etc.)
b)      2 packages of wide-rule loose-leaf paper
c)       1 pair of scissors (please get adult sized as the little ones just don’t cut it anymore J)
d)      2 Large glue sticks
e)      1 package of markers
f)       1 large zippered pencil case (the fabric style preferred)
g)      1 ruler (with inches, cm, mm )
h)      2 packages of post-it notes
i)        1 package of colored pencils
j)        2 spiral notebooks (wide-rule, single-subject)
k)      2 boxes of #2 pencils
l)        1 package of index cards
m)    Erasers (variety of pencil toppers/rectangle one)
n)      1 lock (for hallway locker) w/ 2 keys
o)      A lanyard (for their locker key & their student ID that they will be required to wear)
p)      4 dry erase markers (any color, width, etc.)
q)      1 wipe board eraser
r)       2 boxes of Kleenex
s)       1 USB flash drive (label w/ their name)—there is only one computer in the classroom so the kids may be having to use the ones in the library, etc. until I tackle that issue…(I did get $5000 donated & was able to actually purchase library reading materials for the LHS library that our guys can actually read…yes, I have many issues to address while designing this program for LHS)

THAT’S IT…All of my supplies & extra’s are at Sperreng so I don’t have extra scissors, erasers, etc. on hand for them if needed since this is only my ½ time home for a year while I get the program up & running.
·         We are doing functional/cooking on Wednesday afternoon’s with the older group but don’t need cooking cash this year as Lindbergh & SSD will be picking up all that tab…finally J More to come later on that!    

4 comments:

  1. What is a lanyard? And does it bite?
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabric/rope thing that goes around your neck that you can clip your keys, ID badges, USB ports, etc. to. That way they are always handy and won't get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean,
    I love you!
    We thought a rope that went around your neck was a "noose" but I guess you don't put anything on there that you don't want to keep.
    If you don't have one, let us know. We have a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but I bought 10 of them for $5. They only had packages of 10 at office max. and I'd give you $5 so I didn't have to drive to walmart. :-D
      Anna, if anyone needs one let me know I'll send another one to school
      Jean

      Delete